Have you ever thought of your kitchen running without a microwave oven just for a day?I don’t think so. Technology has made our lives so fast that we always need an instant solution to each of our needs on the go. The Microwave oven is one of those very common kitchen appliances that we use extensively to heat foods. Microwaves are constructed of infrared wave forms that have been used in the electromagnetic field. The most versatile used frequency in the microwave oven with 2,450 megahertz. These microwave ovens have become a must have for all kitchens. These come in different sizes and shapes to suit the needs of a family. They differ in their features, designs and operations. To find out the best microwave oven for your kitchen you need to compare the top products first and then to pick the one of your highest use. Here you are going to find a complete guide for the best microwave ovens in 2016. Just follow the guides given here and you will get to what you want exactly.
Types of microwave oven:
Generally, considering the functionality, the microwave ovens are of three types as following;
Solo microwave oven:
Solo Microwave Oven is the most basic type of microwave ovens. There is only a magnetron inside the oven which produces the microwaves. It’s only limited to heating and boiling while it’s unable for baking and roasting.
Grill microwave oven:
Grill Microwave Ovensare more focused on making food than the solo microwave oven and similar to a conventional grill. It can brown the food items; make them juicier from inside and crispier by outside. These types of ovens generally come with heating coils and are proven as a better option for cooking.
Convection microwave oven:
The last type is Convection Microwave Ovens, which are probably the most widely used ovens among these three types. This oven can heat food very quickly and can also be used for the baking and browning purposes. They also have a thermostat so that you can control the temperature range.
Moreover, on the basis of modes of installation and size the microwave ovens can also be classified as
- Countertop microwave ovens
- Over the range microwaves
- Under the counter microwave ovens or integrated microwave ovens.
These can come in sizes from small, medium to a full size microwave oven.
Now since you have got the baseline about the microwave ovens you should now make up your mind to the shortlist which features would you like to have in your list.
Let’s introduce you with the top 5 list that have been selected keeping in mind that generally what people likes and what are the best features people would love to have and how well these ovens perform in a kitchen. The list consists of 5 of the popular brands available on the market. So, just pick one of them whichis closest to your needs.
Best Countertop Microwaves Comparison
Panasonic NN-SN651B Countertop Microwave
This model of Panasonic microwave oven comes with the prestigious Inverter Technology which actually heats easily properly and evenly. This oven allows for quick defrosting and gives a perfect flavor. It comes with a power of 1200 Watts which heats the food very quickly and it’s built with automatic features like Genius Sensor Cook technology. The oven has the Reheat option for automatic cooking and also an Even Keep Warm Featured. It’s a very convenient and stylish oven model with a 1.2 cubic foot volume. It measures by 13-1/2 inches, which is a perfect oven to cook any types of dishes which can be used for multi purposes morethan heating since it allows variable temperature setting.
- It is a fairly compact and light model that can be placed easily in the kitchen without any inconvenience.
- 13-1/2-inch turntable; delay start and timer; more/less control; quick minute, popcorn key
- Child safety lock,
- 10 power levels for convenience
- 1200 watts of high power; reheat for automatic cooking settings and one-touch genius sensor cook and even keep warm feature
- 3 cooking stages and also a delay start.
- Inverter turbo defrost for quick defrosting
- Inverter technology for even cook and deliver delicious flavor
- Flat keypad panel for programming; 10 power levels and push-button door release
- Stainless steel face and Measures 15 13/16-inch (d) x 20 11/16-inch (w) x 12 1/4-inch (h), 25.3 lbs.,
Danby Countertop Microwave
Danby presents a capable model of microwave ovens. It’s a small oven with capacity of 0.7 cu ft. It has a cooking power of 700 watts, which classifies it in the small and compact microwaves combo. It features a useful but simple single touch for cooking 6 popular uses. Furthermore, it has different 3 specialty programs including cooking speed defrost by weight, and defrosting by weight.
- An easy to read LED timer
- 7 cu.ft. capacity microwave
- It uses a sleek glass turntable that fits all the dishes in.
- 700 watts of cooking power
- It’s designed with a very stylish presentation making it a nice addition in any kitchen.
- It comes with 10 different power levels giving customizability in the hands of its users.
- Stylish black and stainless steel exterior
- Automatic oven light making the device even more convenient for users.
- Simple one-touch cooking for 6 different and popular uses
Panasonic NN-SN973S Countertop Microwave
This model of Panasonic microwaves also comes with an Inverter Technology which allows you for more than just a heating stuff. It’s a 1250 Watts microwave that is quite enough to cook the food rapidly. It has usedsuch technology to heat food evenly at the same time maintaining the texture and taste. It comes with a capacity of 2.2 cu ft. which is definitely more than enough for all the different dishes. Furthermore, it also has a 16 and ½ inch turntable.
- It features a very stylish and attractive design and makes a nice addition to any kind of kitchen.
- Weights37 pounds which is very easy to move around.
- Microwave Inverter technology provides a seamless stream of cooking power
- Additional features like Keep Warm feature which delivers pulsing low microwave power in order to keep food at constant temperature.
- Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost which speeds up defrosting time
- An easy to use control panel with raised buttons allowing for easy programmability.
- Automatic sensor adjusts the power and times for different foods preparing.
- Faster cooking times with a 1250 watts high power
- Sleek, tactile controls to make cooking touch-button simple
Panasonic NN-SD681S Countertop Microwave
There is another Panasonic Countertop Microwave in our list. This Panasonic Model offers so many features to satisfy different needs of the people. This is one of the best countertop microwave ovens model from Panasonic using the same Inverter Technology just like many other ovens available in the market which is famed for its own ability to evenly heat the food without disturbing its texture, color and taste. This modelhas a capacity of 1.2 cu ft. and uses 1200 Watts of power to cook foodsvery swiftly. Additionally you can also get a trim kit which will allow it to be installed on your kitchen’s wall.
- Stainless Steel faceand Dimensions: Outside HxWxD ( ” ) 12 1/4″ x 20 11/16″ x 16 5/16″, Interior HxWxD ( ” ) 9 15/16″ x 13 15/16″ x 14 3/8″, 25.3 lbs.,
- Featuring an innovative pop-out dial departing from standard keyboard found in most other ovens.
- Automatic heating using the sensors which calculate remaining time based on the amount of steam produced by the foods.
- Inverter Technology for more even cooking and to deliver delicious flavor and its Inverter Turbo Defrost for a quick defrosting.
- Elegant 4-Digit Blue Readout LED Display with a Programming Icon Dial and buttons for the quick programming
- It has all the essential features like any other competitive microwave available in the market like Inverter Turbo Defrost, Inverter Melt-Soften, Keep Warm and Child-Safety lock.
- One-Touch Genius Sensor Cook; 1200 Watts of High Power; and Reheat for automatic cooking settings
- Please note: upper left-corner door has a small indentation allowing the door to open smoothly.
Nostalgia Electrics RMO770RED Countertop Microwave
This last but not the least listed countertop microwave oven is a fairly small and compact model by Nostalgia which has 12 pre-programmed features for the user’s convenience. It comes with a 700 Watts of cooking power with 5 power levels, which might not be the best in this list, but it’s a more than enough factoring in the size and price.
- 12 pre-programmed features and Digital clock
- This countertop oven weighs only 23.7 pounds that allows you to place it anywhere in the kitchen wherever you prefer.
- 700 Watts would slower your work than other models, but it’s fully capable to heatthe foods or reheat it.
- Furthermore, it’s built by using quality materials making it reliable and durable.
- It’s very quiet in its operation which is always a plus point.
- There is a LED display with a good viewof angles and also a clock displaying the 24-hour international time.
- Five power levels
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards